The melon ice cream is a cool dessert that can be enjoyed in peace when you feel like a sweet not too heavy but full of flavor. It is easily prepared with very few ingredients, obviously starting with the melon which must be ripe and fragrant.
Then you will need some fresh cream and a little sugar . The rest of the work will be done by the ice cream maker. Furthermore, our version is made without eggs. This further limits the presence of fat without losing flavor.
Melon ice cream, an exquisite break
The ice cream is by far one of the most popular preparations. Refreshing, sweet, greedy . It has all the qualities of a light snack or a pleasant after-meal. This is combined with the properties of fruit that make this dessert even more precious. So what’s better than a melon ice cream to be enjoyed as a hunger breaker ?
Compared to a sorbet, in which the fruit is mixed with a sugar syrup and then frozen, the melon ice cream has a fat part, represented by the milk-cream combination.
In addition, it is worked for a long time to incorporate air and thus obtain a much softer cream.
Melon ice cream recipe
Melon ice cream
Dish : Light sweets
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Passive Time : 12 hours
Portions : 4 people
Calories per Person : 328
Total Calories : 1313
- 300 g of melon pulp
- 250 ml of whole milk
- 250 ml of whipping cream
- 80 g of sugar
- Mix the milk and sugar thoroughly. Then add the melon cut into small pieces and blend everything with a mixer.
- Add the cream and pour the mixture into the ice cream maker. Let it go for at least half an hour or until you feel the blades are struggling.
- Once ready, the melon ice cream can be placed in a tray in the freezer waiting to be served.
Melon ice cream without ice cream maker
You can make an excellent melon ice cream even without an ice cream maker. For 500 grams of melon pulp you will need 250 grams of whipping cream and sugar to taste.
If the melon is very ripe, you may not need sugar at all. Give it a try then.
- Reduce the melon pulp in a puree with a blender, pour it into a bowl with the cold cream from the fridge and whip the mixture. When the cream is more full-bodied, pour the mixture into a tray with a lid and then into the freezer.
- Stir the mixture every half hour for at least three times and then let it rest in the freezer overnight. Before serving, leave it at room temperature for a few minutes.
- If it is too icy, you can blend it with a mixer equipped with blades to make it creamier.
Melon ice cream with the Thermomix
Even with the Thermomix you can prepare melon ice cream relatively easily. You will only have to remember to freeze 300 grams of melon pulp the day before.
- Start making ice cream just before serving. Start by pouring 40 grams of sugar into the bowl, pulverizing it for 10 seconds at speed 10.
- Add the frozen melon and run for 10 seconds at speed 8.
- Pour in 70 grams of un-whipped cream and run for 30 seconds at speed 5. The ice cream is ready and can also be made without sugar if the melon is very ripe.
Melon ice cream: nutritional properties
Melon is a low-calorie and water-rich fruit. Brings a high amount of minerals and vitamins. Let’s see in detail the data relating to the summer melon.
- Potassium 333 mg.
- Zinc 0.3 mg.
- Calcium 19 mg.
- Phosphorus 13 mg.
- Magnesium 11 mg.
- Vitamin C 32 mg.
- Vitamin B3 0.6 mg.
- Vitamin B6 0.11 mg.
To this picture must be added the nutritional characteristics of whole milk with its proteins, the richness of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium and vitamins: A, D, E and B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6.
Melon ice cream in the diet
It is a dessert that can really be eaten without too much guilt. A small grant is not only useful for not losing motivation, but also serves as a reward. So, once a week this melon ice cream can be enjoyed as a delicious snack.